Friday 28 October 2011

A dry day

It's been an inclement autumn aside from the extraordinary heatwave at the beginning of October, which was enjoyable if eerily indicative of climate change. Alongside the start-up of  http://www.proudtorideclassic.co.uk/ I've had the project (trivial at first glance, until one considers the implications of not doing so) of making our pre-owned allotment shed proof against the weather assailing it on our exposed plot above the Irish Sea, where horizontal rain dictates the incorporation of boat-building techniques! The idea is to supplement business income with cash-saving food, and even in our first eight months on the plot we've reduced our grocery bill. As food prices go up in line with fuel, the labour invested should pay us back - even if it doesn't show directly in my book-keeping. So with this thought in mind, I overcome the urge to finish my first couple of bikes, as these can be done tomorrow, a wet Saturday, and use this rare dry interlude to finish the shed. After all, I had a magnificent 27-mile trek last Monday, when until self-employment I'd have been at work. I was walking too much to take many photographs, but the few I made are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/16609214@N05/sets/72157627986083752/

No comments:

Post a Comment